Say hello to the newest member of the Eau Claire Distillery family, Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras. This delicious mix is Eau Claire’s first whisky canned cocktail, handcrafted for your enjoyment!
Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras is everything you could imagine and more. With an enticing mix of whisky and a unique variety of botanicals, it’s not too sweet, a little bit spicy and 100% enjoyable until the last drop. Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras will spice up the summer months ahead and makes for the perfect adventure companion all summer long.
Eau Claire Distillery is nestled in the heart of Turner Valley, which is only a short drive to the Alberta Rocky Mountains. It’s no doubt why the Rockies are internationally known and visited by people from near and far, all you have to do is glance to the West and you’ll understand.
If you’re looking for easy to moderate hikes in the Rocky Mountains with phenomenal views, our favourites include Dyson Falls in Kananaskis Provincial Park, Sulphur Mountain Trail in Banff National Park, Grotto Canyon Trail in Bow Valley Provincial Park and Grassi Lake Trail near Canmore. After your hike, enjoy a Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras that is as unique as the vast mountain ranges, we love to call home.
Perhaps you’re looking to add a refreshing change to your golf game? The whisky cocktail is the perfect caddy to join you in a round of 18 or when you’re out perfecting your long game at the driving range. Many Alberta golf courses offer our canned cocktails, and you bet our Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras will be there to help you celebrate your perfectly played game!
Pro tip: If your favourite links isn’t carrying our canned craft cocktails already be sure to ask for it!
Lastly, Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras is the perfect pair for everyone’s favourite summer activity, BBQ!
Take your BBQ game to the next level and enjoy our whisky canned cocktail alongside some delicious Rupert’s BBQ Pork Ribs.
To make, you’ll need:
– 1 full rack of pork side ribs or back ribs
– 1 cup of your favourite spice rub
– 1/2 cup Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras
– 1 bottle BBQ Sauce, we like the Bigfoot Bold BBQ sauce from our friend at Bow Valley BBQ
– Preheat oven to 300°F. Clean and trim ribs to your preference.
– Rub the full exterior of the rack with your favourite spice rub and place into roasting pan or casserole dish. Add Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras to the bottom of the pan and cover with foil.
– Bake for 30-40 minutes covered (low and slow). Remove from oven and let rest uncovered.
– Preheat BBQ to clean rack with medium heat.
– Grill ribs long enough on medium-low heat to achieve your desired char and even texture (about 20 minutes).
– As you do so, baste with BBQ sauce evenly on both sides at least 2-3 times.
– Remove from grill and serve as a full rack, single ribs or anything in between.
– Enjoy with a can of Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras!
If you find yourself on an adventure with our new Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras be sure to share it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #shareeauclaire!
You can find Rupert’s Whisky Sassafras canned cocktails in 4-packs at your favourite local liquor retailer and of course, our online shop, the Tasting Room in Turner Valley and the Calgary Farmers Market.