7 DRAMS OF LUCK
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
EAU CLAIRE DISTILLERY “BATCH 007 GOLDEN COIN CONTEST”
This Contest is brought to you by Eau Claire Distillery (“the Contest Sponsor”). The Contest runs from 5:00:00 am Mountain Time (“MT”) on Nov 12, 2023 to 11:59:59 pm MT on March 31, 2024 (the “Contest Period”) and March 31, 2024 being the “Contest Closing Date”). All Mail-in Entries (defined below) must be revealed on or before March 31, 2024 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Mail Deadline”)
To be eligible to win, you must: (i) be a resident of Alberta, Canada and (ii) be 19+ Years of Age. You are not eligible to win, if you are: a) an employee, officer, director, agent or representative of Eau Claire Distillery, or any employees or family members of Eau Claire Distillery or its affiliated or related companies or brands), advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or c) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
PARTICIPATE BY PURCHASING A PRODUCT: During the Contest Period, purchase an Eau Claire Distillery Batch 007 at Eau Claire Distillery, eauclairedistillery.ca or any participating retailer. When you receive your Batch 007, Remove the seal, and examine the closure of the bottle. If the closure has a Golden Coin resting on top, subject to verification of eligibility; and contest Rules please proceed to Prize Redemption section below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
ELGIBILITY FOR MAIL-IN ENTRIES: In order to be eligible to participate in the BATCH 007 GOLDEN COIN CONTEST and receive a mail-in entry (defined below), each entrant must request a No Purchase Entry Pin. To request the No Purchase Entry Pin, email firstname.lastname@example.org including; (a) your Full First and Last Name, Date of Birth, Valid email Address, full mailing address; (b) explicitly state “I Agree to the BATCH 007 GOLDEN COIN CONTEST Rules and Conditions”; (c) personally complete a 100 word or more original essay (entrant must not copy their essay from any third party, or any part thereof, nor submit that same essay, or any part thereof, more than once) on the topic of “Why are you a fan of Eau Claire Distillery?” (d) Select a single number between 1 and 3429; (e) and provide the answer to the question 2+64×128. Once the No-Purchase Entry email has been submitted please allow up to 5 business days for a response. If all the information is provided properly a team-member will reach out with your one-time use PIN to be submitted along with your mail-in contest submission.
MAIL-IN ENTRY: Limit of one (1) PIN request per person, per day. You must then write your PIN, your full name, and email address, on a piece of paper, including; (a) a signed copy of these contest rules; (b) and a copy of your essay submitted in obtaining your pin. Mail it to: Eau Claire Distillery, 113 Sunset Blvd SW, Turner Valley, AB T0L 2A0 during the Contest Period. Delivery of your PIN and contact details by mail at the Contest Address, and review of your PIN for validity and pairing to your contact details submitted and essay via the PIN Request. Only then your entry will be checked against the final bottle placement to confirm if you won the contest. Each No-Purchase Entry must contain a unique PIN, must be enclosed in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage, be postmarked during the Contest Period and received at the Contest Address on or before March 31, 2024 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT. Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date.
3. TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
Email a photograph of your Golden Coin to email@example.com by March 31, 2024, and retain the physical Golden coin in your possession. Alternatively, you may mail-in your Golden coin to the address indicated. Mail-in claims must be postmarked by March 10, 2024, and must be received by March 31, 2024 to be eligible. Please keep a photocopy of your Golden Coin before mailing as directed. Subject to verification of eligibility by the Contest Sponsor. and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared official winners of the Sweepstakes (“Winners”). The decisions of Eau Claire Distillery are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
All prize claims and communications become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All information submitted online by participants is subject to, and will be treated in a manner consistent with, Eau Claire Distillery’s Terms & Conditions. Mail-in Entries will be examined and awarded according to the supplied, based on the winning bottle. As there is only a SINGLE grand prize whomever claims the prize first will be awarded the prize, any claim made after prize redemption is null and void.
SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Contest Sponsor time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via the Contest Sponsor release.
4. PRIZE WINNERS:
Only the selected entrant will be notified. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours, an alternative entrant will be randomly selected. This process will be repeated until a selected entrant is contacted or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. In order to win, the selected entrant must show a valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification as evidence of identity and correctly answer a skill-testing question without any assistance of any kind. If either of these criteria are not met, then another entrant will be selected and the process will be repeated until a selected entrant successfully answers the skill-testing question or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release of Liability Form confirming compliance with the Official Contest Rules and Regulations, releasing the Contest Sponsor, partners, and their affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies and the Contest Judges from any liability resulting from the awarding of the Prize and confirming acceptance of the Prize awarded. Any additional cost not related to the Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Winner agrees that Contest Sponsor may use their name and/or likeness in any promotional materials without further payment or consideration.
There is one (1) prize available to be won (“Prize”). The Prize consists of the following:
- One (1) VIP Whisky Tasting Experience at the EAU CLAIRE Distillery for winner and one (1) guest for guided TOUR of the distillery by our Master Distiller. Valued at $100
- One (1) Whisky blending workshop with an Eau Claire Distiller, including two (2) bottles of your personally blended whisky, privately labelled by Eau Claire, according to our Custom Bottle program specifications. Valued at $350
- A Year’s Supply (twelve (12) x 750ml Bottles) of Batch Series Single Malt Whisky, Valued at $1080
- One (1) Limited Edition Batch 007 Glassware set Valued at $75
- A Curated Whisky Dinner and Food Paring for two (2) and a one (1) night’s stay in a partner hotel and restaurant including Breakfast for two (2) Valued at $650
- Includes Transportation to and from the Eau Claire Distillery and Partner hotel, Valued at $100
Approximate retail value: $2,350 CA
The Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, alcoholic beverages, applicable taxes, ground transportation, other transportation, gratuities, together with any required identification and all personal expenses of any kind or nature.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution and it is not transferable or redeemable for cash or allowed to be sold. The Contest Sponsor has the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any of the components of the Prize is unavailable. In the event that the winner is unable to redeem any or all of the Prize components due to reasons beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor, their employees, representatives, agents and all parties associated with this Contest, no cash alternative, other compensation, substitution or transfer of Prize will be provided.
ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible purchases and entries received before the Contest End Date.
6. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules and Regulations. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor and Contest Judges with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
7. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Contest Sponsor does not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, late, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering or attempting to enter the Contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically or robotically programmed or reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to disqualify any entry and to modify, terminate, or suspend this Contest for any reason including if a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrant(s), or other cause corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest, and, if the Contest is modified, terminated, or suspended, select a winner from those eligible entries received prior to the event requiring such modification, termination, or suspension.
8. Before, and as a condition of, being declared a winner and being awarded a Prize, each potential winner, together with their guest for the Prize, will be required to execute and return a Declaration and Release of Liability within twenty-four (24) hours of attempted delivery or Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant. The Declaration and Release of Liability document will release and save harmless the Contest Sponsor, (the “Releasees”) from and against any liability whatsoever in connection with the conduct of this Contest and the awarding and/or use of any Prize. The return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable or noncompliance with the terms of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and at Contest Sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate entrant. In no event shall guest’s Declaration and Release of Liability be provided less than seven (7) days prior to the date participation in the Prize commences (i.e., date of flight).
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries or Declaration and Release forms, or for any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or announcement of the Prize, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. If, in the Contest Sponsor opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means. Refusal to accept a Prize releases the Contest Sponsor, as well as its respective directors, officers, and employees, of all responsibility and obligations toward the winner of such Prize. In no event shall Contest Sponsor be held to award more prizes than what is mentioned in these rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these rules. The Releasees shall assume no liability whatsoever for any situation in which their inability to act results from an event or situation unforeseeable or beyond their control, including but not limited to force majeure, a strike, lockout, or any other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the businesses whose services are used to hold this event. In the event of any dispute concerning the operation of any element of the Contest or these Contest Rules, the decision of the Contest Sponsor will be final.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and forever hold harmless the Releasees, their respective shareholders, partners and limited partners, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize.
10. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Sponsor, and their agencies to use winner’s and guest’s name, city and province/territory of residence, and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media – now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity – without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law. All information requested by and supplied by each entrant must be truthful, accurate, and in no way misleading. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest in their discretion, should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information or should the entrant be ineligible for the Contest pursuant to these rules. Guest will sign an approval for use of name, image and likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media – now and hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity.
Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Contest Sponsor for the purpose of administering this Contest and, if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with marketing information relating to new and existing products and upcoming promotions of Contest Sponsor by mail or e-mail. Entrants are able to opt in with respect to receiving such marketing information online. Contest Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law.
12. RULE AMENDMENTS:
Eau Claire Distillery reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Eau Claire Distillery may elect to identify the Winners and award the Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect purchases and entries received for the applicable Contest Period up to the time of such cancellation. Eau Claire Distillery also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Contest Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Contest Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.